Looking for a delicious one-pot vegetable side dish to warm you up in these last days of winter? Look no further. Our very own Chef James whipped this up over the holidays and it goes beautifully as a side with any kind of roast – chicken, pork, beef, lamb. This recipe is grain-free, dairy-free, paleo and 21-day Real-Food Reboot compliant.
- 4 parsnips, peeled and rough chopped
- 4-6 oz pork belly, chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon lard, melted
- Redmond’s sea salt
- 1 bunch lacinato kale, washed, stemmed and rough chopped
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 Tablespoon tandoori spice (you can use any kind of curry spice mix)
- Preheat oven to 395°.
- Toss the chopped parsnips and pork belly with the lard and spread onto a rimmed baking sheet. Season with ½ teaspoon sea salt.
- Allow to cook for 10 minutes, then remove the pan from the oven and toss the parsnips and pork belly to coat them even more with the fat from the pork belly. Place back in the oven.
- After another 10-12 minutes, pull out the sheet pan and toss the parsnips and pork belly (to evenly brown), and then put back in the oven for another 10 minutes.
- Pull the sheet pan out of the oven and add the chopped kale and toss well. Place back in the oven to roast for another 5 minutes. (Total cook time is about 35-40 minutes)
- Remove from the oven and pour the veggies and pork belly into a large bowl. Add ¼ cup coconut milk and the tandoori spice mix. Stir well to coat and serve. Add additional salt to taste if needed.
Like what you're reading? Don't miss out . . .
Enter your info to be the first to know when we publish new insights, articles and recipes.
Plus, we'll send you our exclusive Kitchen Essentials List as a welcome gift (because a well-stocked kitchen is the most reliable short-cut to healthy, delicious eating).